How To Travel The World During Pregnancy
I’m certainly not a doctor, but in my opinion, if you’re having a low-risk pregnancy and you’re feeling up to, international travel during pregnancy is perfectly safe, a lot of fun, and great getaway before the baby arrives. Enjoy the world and explore more in a safe way.
WHEN TO TRAVEL
First Trimester (0 to 13 weeks) Safe to travel, but you may still be experiencing nausea.
Second Trimester (14 to 26 Weeks) Best time to travel. The second Trimester is the best time to travel during pregnancy.
Third Trimester (27 to 40 Weeks) Not recommended to travel, a bump may be uncomfortable and you have the possibility of going into labour
WHAT TO AVOID WHILE TRAVELING
Always avoid these while travelling during your pregnancy.
- Hot Destination
- Regions Prone to Disease such as Malaria
- Hot Tubs and Saunas
- Adventurous Activities such as Skiing, Horseback Riding, or Rock Climbing
There is a checklist for your journey while you are pregnant and wants to explore this beautiful planet.
- Doctor-prescribed pregnancy vitamins and medications
- Anti-nausea medication
- Healthy snacks
- Emergency doctor and hospital contact numbers of your destination area
- Comfortable clothing and shoes
There are some tips for travel by air during pregnancy.
- Most commercial airlines do not allow pregnant travellers to fly after 36 weeks of pregnancy
- If flying after 28 weeks of pregnancy, some airlines may require a physician’s approval
- Request an aisle seat
- Stretch and walk around during your flight to help with circulation and prevent pain/swelling
- Consider flights less than 6 hours long. Long flights can be extremely uncomfortable during pregnancy
Making Best of your Travels While Pregnant
- Dress comfortably in loose cotton clothing and wear comfortable shoes
- Take your favourite
- Plan for plenty of rest stops, restroom breaks and stretches
- Carry snack foods with you
- If you are travelling any distance, make sure to carry a copy of your prenatal records
- Wear your seatbelt and take other safety measures
- Enjoy the trip
Let’s wrap up How To Travel The World During Pregnancy article. Read also Top 30 Best Budget Travel Destinations to VISIT NOW
If you enjoyed this post, I’d be very grateful if you’d help it spread by emailing it to a friend, or sharing it on Twitter or Facebook. Thank you!
— Sunil Nain